utilize food to help rebalance your body.
Similar to a bridge performing the function of providing access across water, functional nutrition performs the function of providing the body with the optimal nutrients to access it’s own innate ability to heal.
An in depth understanding of how and why the body may be presenting certain symptoms sets us apart from other Nutritionists in the industry who solely focus on diet. Our in house Functional Nutritionist here at KuRated Care Collaborative understands how toxic diet culture can be and strives to facilitate a compassionate non-diet approach to their practice.
The body – food relationship as described above is one consideration of many a Functional Nutritionist can focus on. Other key lifestyle factors such as your relationship with sleep, stress, movement/exercise and community are just as important when it comes to creating lasting change and a state of balance.
If you are still curious about a Functional Nutritionists approach, here is a tiny example of a very likely outcome, but everyone is different so it can’t be said for sure.
So let’s say you have been constipated for some time now, how would our Functional Nutritionist go about helping you to alleviate this concern?
- With a client-centered approach as mentioned above
- A comprehensive health history, diet, lifestyle, exercise, medication
and supplement review
- Review of previous functional test results
- Recommending further functional testing
- Analyzing all of the data to render a nutritional plan to move you forward
- Educating the client while explaining the plan
What is the possible plan for this client’s constipation concern?
- Providing mindset techniques to inspire lasting change
- Eliminate processed foods & foods causing aggravation while adding in whole fresh foods
- Increasing pure water intake
- Educating & brainstorming ways the client can manage stress that
is best for their life
- Educating clients on how the digestive system works & providing key
takeaways that will improve their digestion and thus constipation
- Increasing foods that are specific to their situation and/or deficiencies
- Providing a supplement protocol that is geared towards improving the
digestion of foods, increasing the good bacteria and re-mobilizing
the gastrointestinal tract
- Create a positive and beneficial client-practitioner relationship
KūRated has a talented team of professionals, licensed in Ontario, that are here to help and have advanced training in a variety of techniques.